Thursday, 31 May 2012

C25K Week 1 Run 1

A few months a go I decided to start on the couch to 5k programme but, not being able to get to the gym any more, and still wanting to loose 2 years worth of baby fat, I now have to do it running the streets rather than on a treadmill. This is something that I feel very self concious doing.

I've been waiting for our new computer to arrive so I can download iTunes (our old computer was dying and unable to do much!)  and start. It finally arrived last friday and after Adam installing loads of programmes we don't need and wont use he finally stepped away from it long enough to let me download something useful.

Wednesday saw my first run, I can tell you it wasnt pretty! 5k used to be something I could do no problem. I used to enjoy running and was quite fit, but that was before I had children. Now I'm lucky to run for 8 minutes with out feeling like I'm going to die, which is why I thought this would be great.

Week 1 is running for 60 seconds followed by 90 seconds walking, easy enough I thought, after all I have been running on the treadmill and was doing 5 minute blocks of running. What I didn't take into account was how much more difficult running on the road would be.

I did the first 60 second run and was grateful to hear the lovely voice telling 'its time to slow things down now' the second run wasnt too bad but by run 4 onwards i was saying 'no, no, no, please dont make me!'. Drivers and dog walkers must have thought I was possessed. But I did it, I completed my first run of week 1, only 2 more runs this week and 8 more weeks to go...

Update: I never actually got past the 1st week, the tiredness got too bad, the CFS ramped up a gear and I found myself unable to do much. I'm hoping to start again though, just as soon as I get back on top. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...