Friday, 29 June 2012

Freezer love!

Growing up, I always knew I wanted to be a mother; I loved kids and knew that wherever life took me children was always part of the deal. I always imagined playing, painting, baking, cooking and taking them places. One of the most difficult parts of this invisible illness is those dreams I had, those plans I made will probably never happen. It’s hard not to dwell on what could or should have been and focus on the right now.  It’s hard to let go and find new dreams and make new plans with the life I have in front of me. But that’s exactly what I have to do.

I love cooking and adapting recipes so I always imagined I'd cook most meals for the family from scratch, but on my bad days it’s hard just to walk up the stairs let alone stand in the kitchen and make a meal, then deal with the mess after. Taking another mini pizza or bag of chicken nuggets out the freezer and putting them  in the oven has been heart breaking, when I know that my pizza or chicken nuggets taste so much better and are so much better for my monster.

I keep dwelling on the bad, forgetting the good, I do have good days, they aren’t all bad! I guess its easy to remember the bad.

So a couple of week’s back I made a decision, my girls will have home cooked food. While I was pregnant I batch cooked and froze as much as my freezer would allow. If I made that a way of life rather than the exception it might just work.

So sitting with the tablet in hand and Cbeebies on to entertain the girls, I've found many more recipes I could freeze to make home made ready meals. My only problem is now my freezer is probably too small.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...