Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Yummy Mummy Meme

I wouldn’t describe myself as a ‘yummy mummy’ in any way shape or form, in fact on the rare occasion I have no children in my arms and I get on the wii fit board my mii looks positively depressed as she tells me I am ‘obese’. I’m trying to take better care of my appearance, but the truth is most days I look like I’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards more than once and my perfume is eau de baby sick.
But as I was tagged, by A Single Married Mum and recently talking to friends about accepting compliments graciously with a simple thank you, I will accept and join in.
The Rules

When answering the questions, give as much detail as possible. It's all about the finer details people!
Leave a comment Here (Busybeemummybex blog where the meme was created)
Tag three or more people and link to them on your blog.
Tweet # yummy mummy when you share on Twitter.

What is the first thing you do when you wake up?

I look at the clock and think, ‘really!? It’s 5am, you couldn’t just sleep till 6?’ Then Adam and I both pretend to be asleep, hoping the other will crack first and get the monster up.

Do you shower daily? Are you an early morning shower or an evening bath type?

It has to be first thing, I don’t feel clean unless I shower first thing. With the girls needing constant attention I have to shower before Adam goes off to work, so normally about 6am

Do you wear make up daily?

It depends how bad I look! If I look at one of the girls and they cry, then I put it on, if not then I don’t bother.

What's in your make up bag?

I’m not much of a hoarder so although my make up bag is so full it won’t close there is nothing I don’t use regularly. Its mostly avon, but that’s only because a lovely avon lady came round when most of my stuff was running out. I used to love virgin vie stuff, it didn’t cost the earth and went on really nicely, but they stopped doing my shade of liquid foundation, then they went bust.

When you're having a slummy mummy day what do you normally wear?

I don’t think I’ve ever had a really slummy day. In the evenings, especially when its been a tough day, and Adam isn’t going to be home for hours, the girls have gone to bed and I want to be comfortable, I take off all my make up and jewellery, throw on a pair of joggers and whatever t-shirt comes to hand, often one of Adam’s, and just chill in front of the TV.

Nails - how often do you get them done?

The last time I had them done professionally was the day before I got married! My nails are something I tend to just ignore now!

Your top tips for tired eyes?

I use l’oreal touché magique when I’m making an effort, but most of the time I think, I’m a mum of 2, to hell with it!

Are you a Starbucks or Costa Coffee kind of girl?

I don’t live close to any coffee shop. And I’ve never seen the lure of sitting in a coffee shop when I have hundreds of things racing around my head and many things I’d rather be doing!

How many children do you have/want?

I have 2, they are lovely. In my crazy moments I think I would like at least 1 more, maybe 2 but then I remember I have to be pregnant again.

Where is your favourite place to shop for babies/children's clothes?

I’m not really keen on online shopping for clothes, I like to see them first. Living in a small village just outside a small town there isn’t much of a choice here. We have Next or Tesco. So that’s where most of my children’s clothes come from.

Flats or heels - everyday shoes are?

I like heals, and I used to wear them all the time. But let’s be realistic I have a toddler and a baby. I am firmly in flats.

So I guess it’s my turn to tag 3 others. Emma @ adventures of an unfit mother pippa @ a mothers ramblings and misty @ it's misty... seriously

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...