Monday, 9 July 2012

Days Like today


Days Like Today
I think days like today are worse than the really bad days.
On days like today, the fog is thick and the world seems like it’s on a go slow.
On days like today I’m not tired and sleep just doesn’t come.
On days like today, my head is heavy and my eyes are heavy, but despite the achievement of having both girls sleep at the same time, no matter how hard I try, sleep just won’t come.
On days like today I watch the clock and listen to the monitor, waiting for one or both girls to stir.
Days like today are worse than the really bad days, at least on the really bad days I can catch sleep where I can.
On days like today I count down the hours and minutes until The Husband returns home.
And there it is. The unmistakeable cry of the monkey. Off I go to a fog filled eternal never ending afternoon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...