Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Every child is individual

Today I met a random stranger; she too has a child with reflux and allergies. In fact she has 4! She said something that really made me stop and think.

Every child is individual

Now, I'm not stupid, I know this! The monster likes to sleep by herself with a night light, she always has. The monkey likes to sleep in the dark, and it has to be on me first but then likes to be put in her cot just at the right moment of not too asleep but not too awake. I know that children and my children are different.

But it hadn’t even crossed my mind this might be the case with reflux and allergies! Silly really. Getting the monster on the right milk was a nightmare; she tried 4 before settling on Neocate. So when the monkey showed signs of the same allergy I instantly moved her to the Neocate milk, her reflux is worse than the monsters ever was, she’s on 3 different medications, and still it’s not really under control. There are days she won’t sleep, won't eat, won't play and will scream and scream and scream. Its on thoes days I don’t know where to turn.

But this random stranger got me thinking, could it possibly be the milk?

Initially with child #2 she said she did the same, but then when things didn’t improve she started again, tried different milks played around (obviously under the direction of the Dr) with his medication until they finally found the right combination.

So today I am starting again. I am trying different milk, just because one thing works for one child doesn’t mean it will work for another.

Every child is individual

Sometimes I think people are put in your path for a reason, and today I'm thankful this random stranger was.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...