Monday, 16 July 2012

Mutsy Evo Pushchair Review

When I was asked to try out the new Mutsy Evo pushchair I got quite excited. Having 2 girls and having worked as a child-minder I have a little addiction to pushchairs! I have 3 sat unused in the garage plus all the others I've managed to get rid of over time.

It was so exciting when the delivery turned up, I had almost forgotten all about it. The pushchair was delivered in 3 boxes that weren't too big or too heavy, having opened the box and located the instructions (a lot harder than it sounds with my 2 'helping' I attempted to read how it all went together. After 5 minutes of reading I gave up, decided the instructions were less than useless and if I wanted this pushchair to go together I was going to have to figure it out myself! Having said that I do have 2 under 2 and dealing with sleep deprivation, mny others who I have spoken to said the instructions were more than easy to understand...just me then!

Queue another 10 minutes of trying to work out how to unfold the thing followed by another 5 minutes of working out how the carry cot actually fixed into place we were ready to go, or so I thought.

I discovered that the carry-cot is actually quite small and too small for my average sized 5 month old, so it was time to attach the seat unit, this was fairly simple, unfolding it however wasn't! Sleep deprivation has a lot to answer for and after another 10 minutes and phoning the husband close to tears I finally figured it out.

Now we were defiantly ready for a very short walk to the post box at the end of the street. There are a few things that annoyed me about the Evo, things like there isn't much suspension on the wheels, the rain cover is slightly too big (top tip always work out how a rain cover fits a pushchair before going out and having the heavens open on you!) But in reality these points aren't actually too bad, we live very rurally without paths so taking any pushchair over grass will always be bumpy and one of the things I don't like about the bugaboo is the rain cover is too snug, so really no one can win on this point!

After the first journey out I decided to take it out on the bus with my girls. It was actually perfect for this as it is light weight easy to lift and quite small. So doesn't get in the way of other passengers on the bus.

It’s not however easy to put down, despite them advertising it as 1 handed fold it requires a great amount of juggling the baby, changing bag, as well as trying to co-ordinate 2 hands to first turn the seat round (this may be a personal point as it just didn’t fold up small enough parent facing) and then to fold the frame. Add in to this toddler wrangling, it wasn’t easy. We managed it and the thing to remember is a pushchair is never easy to put down when out and about by yourself.

In all honesty it was a nice little run around pushchair, perfect for someone who lives in an urban environment; maybe some one who uses the bus a lot with their child. If I lived in an area with paths to walk on this would quickly become our main pushchair as its just small, and light weight.

I was sent this pushchair free of charge, but wasn't asked to do this particular review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...