Monday, 2 July 2012

The Small Things - Family


The summary is all about pointing out the happy and positive things that are going on at the moment, it’s something that I’ve been losing sight of and finding difficult to see.
This week the summary is all about family,
On Wednesday I wrote about not being able to have a cake for the monkeys blessing. I am so grateful for a loving caring husband who understood and helped me find away round the problems. It resulted in me producing a lovely cake for her, albeit with many corners cut. It may not be something that she will remember, but it’s something that mattered to me!

  • My aunties are the most loving, caring, wonderful women you will ever find! As we live so far away I don’t often see them, so yesterday it was lovely to see 2 of them. I forget as were not round how kind these women are, they made me feel that I’m not alone, other people have been there and done that. I’m not the first person up at 3am with a screaming baby, and I won’t be the last. It was a real answer to a prayer just to spend a little time with them.

  • I am also very blessed to have 3 of my grandparents still around. Yesterday I got to see my mum’s parents. Granddad is almost 91, so it’s no secret he probably hasn’t got much time left. He may not be able to hear us very well, or know who I am most of the time(!) but it was lovely to see the way he interacted with my grandmother. After 50+ years of marriage it’s nice to see they still love each other very much.

It was nice to be reminded yesterday that my family is forever and that’s the way I like it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...