Saturday, 9 March 2013

Stupid or Brave?

Stupid or brave? Stupid or brave? Stupid? Or brave?

It’s a question that has been going round and round in my head this week. How do you know when something is stupid and when it's brave? Who decides if it’s stupid or brave?


Bungee jumping, parachuting and climbing Everest, are just some extreme sports some consider to be stupid and others consider them to be brave. Why? What makes something stupid and what makes it brave?


Sometimes I think about my children and my CFS/ME and I don't know what I am. Am I stupid? Or am I brave? I was told by the checkout assistant in the supermarket I was brave yesterday, I took both my children shopping by myself. What makes that brave? She doesn’t know about my illness, she doesn’t know that for that one act I paid with the rest of my day, the shopping stayed not put away in the kitchen for 2 hours and the house looked like a literal bomb site when the husband got home, all because I selfishly wanted to get out of the house for a couple of hours. 


Was shopping with the girls stupid or brave?

I've been told having 2 under 2 (although they are 1 and 2 now) is brave, but is it? What makes the act brave? I got pregnant and had my first miracle baby, then when she was 5 months old unexpectedly fell pregnant again. What part of that is brave? Surely that was fate or stupidity.


Recently I've started being more honest on my blog, is that stupid or brave? Opening myself up to criticism and ridicule from friends, family and strangers, is that a stupid act or a brave one?


One more question for you, admitting I see a psychotherapist regularly, is that stupid or brave? What exactly is wrong with that? Will it make you read my blog differently or even stop reading? Right now it’s part of who I am and how I’m coping.


What makes something stupid and what makes it brave?


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...