Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Explaing an absence

I've been trying to work out how to explain my absence from blogging these past 2 weeks, I've thought about ignoring it, jumping back in and pretending I've never been away. Maybe using the CFS\ as an excuse, I haven't been blogging as I've been too exhausted, a half truth. I've thought about tackling it with humour, asking if anyone missed me and glossing over the reasons.

None of these options have felt right, and the more that I didn't know how to explain my absence the longer I've stayed away. So I've decided to go with the truth.

I've known for a while now that I was pregnant and after having 5 miscarriages early pregnancy is a difficult time for me. I pulled away from the blog as the pregnancy progressed because I was scared, nervous, worried and not in a great head space.

Unfortunately this doesn't have a happy ending, last week I had miscarriage number 6. As much as I want to come on here and pretend every thing is fine, its not. I don't even know how to begin to describe how I'm feeling and if I'm honest, I'm not really sure I know how I feel.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Leoni, I am so so sorry. This is just the saddest news ever. What words are there at a time like this? Please know that as a friend I'm here for you. I'm so glad that you broke your silence. I hope that you will feel the love and friendship of others. There is a wonderful community of bloggers out there that will always reach out when they know someone is in need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily, I do have some amazing blogger friends, sometimes just finding the words to tell people is hard.

      Delete
  2. Oh Leoni, I'm so sorry! There's nothing that can be said to make the pain go away. Sending lots of love!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...