Friday, 7 June 2013

Friday Treats #5

I was planning on showing you a blessing cake I did recently, but never got around to Blogging about. Except I forgot to take a photo at the time. I've been hoping to track one down, but the baby's mum and dad are busy making a move to Munich, so when they are more settled and less stressed I'll see if I can get hold of one.

So instead I have a Treat for the Star Wars fans amongst you.

This Cake was made for a little boys 10th birthday and I will admit when I was asked to make a storm trooper cake much to the husbands horror, I had to Google it. I had no idea what a Storm Trooper was, let alone what it looked like!

This cake is actually a lot bigger than it looks here! It was made using a 3 tiered cake and has then been carved into shape. 

The hardest bit was covering it in fondant, I needed a very big thin layer of fondant that kept tearing every time I lifted it. I'll also let you into a little secret, the cake has 2 layers of fondant as I messed up big time on the first layer and couldn't repair it or remove it with out destroying the cake, so I covered it!

I was so pleased with how this cake looks and more importantly the client seemed very happy with it too.

To be kept up to date with other ramblings, cakes and our family life pop on over to Facebook.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...