Saturday, 13 July 2013

Friday Treat, The Best Ever Chocolate Cake

This week I've spent a little bit, ok a LOT, of time going through my archives tidying things up updating links and removing irrelevant information

I came across a post I did on The Best Ever Chocolate Cake, I cant believe I never gave out the recipe, I meant to, I just forgot! So today's Friday Treat is The Best Ever Chocolate Cake, it's taken from one of my favourite cookery books, you can click on the link to find out why!

For the cake you will need
125g butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup icing sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vannila essence
1/4 cup blackberry jam
1 1/4 cups sr flour
1/2 cup coco powder
1 cup of milk 
1tsp bicarb

beat together the butter and sugars until light and creamy. Add in the eggs gradually (if the mixture starts to curdle add 1 tablespoon of the flour and beat thourly) Mi in the Jam.

in a seprate bowl mix together the flour, coco and bicarb. Alternating with the milk fold in a little at a time until just combined and full of air. 

Pour into a 8 incch lined square baking tin and bake for 45 minutes. 

for the icing you will need
50g good quality dark chocolate
25g butter
1/4 cup icing sugar 
2 teaspoons cream (I often leave this out)

combine all ingredients in a bowl and place over a pan of simmering water. mix together untill the mixture is smooth and glossy. Spread the icing over the top of the cake.

It really is that simple and one of our favourites in this house. I'll also let you in on a little secret, with the exception of the icing, its also the recipe I often use for clients chocolate cakes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...