Friday, 30 August 2013

18th Birthday Cake

I am quickly discovering, as I try and share some of my cakes here, my photos are more rubbish than I thought! I really need to make some big scary decisions about the business and soon.

This week, I thought I'd show you a cake that surprised me a little, I was really dreading making it but it turned out really easy, and fun!

The client wanted a silver board, which I'm never keen on doing as it just never looks quite as nice as a covered board, but actually (ignoring the glare of the camera) it doesn't look too bad here. I was very worried about how I was going to make the holes in the 8, but decided it looked fine without holes and just having it dip down slightly instead. 

The cake is a chocoholics dream, a buttery chocolate cake base, a rich chocolate butter cream filling and covered in a chocolate fondant with white chocolate detailing.

Hop on over to Facebook to hear more about my cakes and how the business is doing


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...