Thursday, 22 August 2013

Camping with Toddlers - Check List


Following on from Mondays post, several people have asked what they should take camping with their toddlers. My answer is, EVERYTHING, including the kitchen sink!

I find that packing and making sure we have everything for camping is the most stressful part, the actual camping isn't so bad. We're quite go with the flow people and all routine and structure goes out the window, Can you really keep a 6.30 pm bedtime when you're sleeping on the floor in the middle of a field with just a canvas sheeting for protection?! (Remind me, why am I doing this again?)

One of the things I've put on the list is a small bag of favourite toys, I've found this is essential, just to give the girls some familiarity when we're away from home. Remember though, that you are in the middle of that field with just a plastic sheeting, so try to steer the children away from choosing that precious irreplaceable toy they've had from birth that will with out a doubt get lost. Instead pick the one that can easily be replaced or better yet, not missed.

Some of the clothing quantities may seem over the top, but warm and dry toddlers are much MUCH easier to handle than cold and wet ones who have run out of dry socks and jumpers. While were talking about easy to handle toddlers, don't forget the snacks, lots and lots and lots of snack food. As a wise woman said to me, 'Feed the lions and they wont bite!'

You can click to down load and print a copy of my Weekend Camping Check List for 2 adults and 2 toddlers.

(Important notice, please be aware the picture is different from the Google doc document. This is because I forgot some very important things like, amongst other things, Big Girls pants and a first-aid kit. I think that's what they call a Mummy Fail!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...