Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Parental Guilt, a Wot so Funee

Wot So Funee? Big Girl knows knows just what to say to pull at those parental guilt strings, the ones that make you feel like you're the worst parent in the world even though really your doing too bad a job.

Like when the husband came home unexpectedly one day and said he was going in to the office to work as he couldn't work in the client office. Big girl looked at him with her big blue eyes and said 'but Daddy you've been at work all day long, Please cant you play with me just for a little bit, not all day long like work, just a little bit?' I couldn't help but smile and just had to walk away and leave the husband explaining why he had to work.

Or when I was going out one night, the girls were enjoying a rare treat of the husband putting them to bed and I thought I'd just run out to the supermarket to pick up some bits. Big girl sat on the stairs watching me putting my shoes on and said 'but mummy I absolutely want to come with you, please mummy, I'll be always good'. This time it was the husbands turn to smile and walk away leaving me to talk to her.

The final example was when The Husband and I left the girls for a few nights with my parents. When we got back Big Girl looked at me shocked, ran to me, gave me the biggest hug and said 'you came back!' I replied just as shocked with 'of course I did, I'm your mummy and I love you' she responded with 'but mummy, I thought you abandoned me'

Yep those guilt strings well and truly pulled!

I'm linking up with Actually Mummy's Wot so Funee, if you'd like a giggle at more things our children have done and said this week hop on over.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...