Friday, 16 August 2013

The Versatile Blogging Award

Its been a while since I joined in a meme, in fact the last was Why Do You Blog? back in December 2012. The last couple of weeks I've found blogging really difficult and feel everything I write has been a little blah. I've ended up posting very little, and even that I'm not entirely happy with! So here's hoping this meme inspires something a little more than blah!



I was nominated for the award by the lovely Adding Up To Be Mum, take a look at her blog all about her, her daughter Molly and life as a newly single mum.

I was pleasantly surprised to be nominated, despite knowing exactly how many people read my blog on a daily basis, its always a shock to find out people actually read and enjoy what I write!

As always with these memes there are a few ground rules, and they should of course be followed exactly to the letter!

1) Link back to the person who nominated you
2) Proudly display the badge with the post
3) Post 7 interesting facts about yourself
and finally
4) nominate 15 other bloggers and don't forget to let them know so they can carry on the batton.

7 interesting facts about myself? I'm really not that interesting a person! I'm not sure there are 7 interesting facts about me, so lets just stick with facts.

1) I love the number 13. Its my favorite number precisely for the reason that no one else likes it, its a sad number that needs to be loved.

2) I speak my own little language which after 5 years of marriage the husband is slowly starting to understand. It includes phrases such as 'can you put the cheese back in the oven' and 'can you get the thing form the thing by the thing, you know, that thingymebob!'

3) The husband and I were engaged 6 months after meeting and married 6 months after that. we've been married for 5 years, and sometimes its even happily!

4) I'm a terrible insomniac and do my best writing and thinking at night. (It's actually 2 am and after drafting this, I'll attempt to sleep again)

5) I gave birth naturally to a 10lb 9oz baby and survived... although my body didn't (you can read all about it here - the birth that is, not the body!)

6) I was once on Children in need, in one of those really sad tear inducing VT's, as a child in need.

7) I have a candle obsession, I have 21 in my living room alone and love nothing more than curling up in the evening with them all lit (just don't tell my firefighter father!)

So who do I nominate?

The first has to be Emily Beale Photography, shes blogs most days and is the blogger and mother I aspire to be.

Next up is A Mothers Ramblings where blogging is a family activity and her children's packed lunches are so inventive and creative.

3 is Actually Mummy, the blog of an 8 year old loquacious school girl, always very funny.

4 is Family Four Fun, a blog where family fun is always top of the agenda.

5 has to be the lovely Lou's leafs, her blog is just inspiring and uplifting.

I have many many blogs on my blog roll, but these have to be my top 5 favorites when I need inspiration, ideas or just a pick me up. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I do.

And yes I know the rules say to nominate 15 bloggers, but if you wanted fact number 8 from me, I'm a big fan of breaking the rules!

To keep up to date with more of my rule breaking ways, like and follow on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...