Friday, 11 October 2013

Our Little Adventure

Earlier this month we were challenged by the people at Barny to get out and have an adventure with the kids. I was quite excited about the challenge and wholeheartedly signed up!

A few days later they sent us a bug catching kit and a bug book, excitedly we set off with my mum, little bro and little sis to have a buggy adventure. We went to our local park where there is a fishing pond and thought that would be a good place to start.


The kids loved dipping their nets in to the water to see what they could find, which unfortunately was just water. After 15 minutes of constantly telling the kids to not get too close to the edge my nerves were frazzled and I decided it was time to move on!


We headed off on a bug hunt but it would seem that the park was completely void of any bug activity. The kids took a snack break while my mum and I continued the search for bugs. The kids loved the Barny snacks and were soon ready help us hunt, we found a money spider they were all interested in, but the little spider wasn't interested in staying around for long and escaped! undeterred we continued searching the rocks and plants, however after a shoeless baby girl stepped in dog poo and my stomach tried desperately not to throw up (I blame morning sickness) we decided the adventure was over and it was time to head back to the car. On the way back we spotted a spider in the bushes, phew finally a bug we could show the kids, however one by one all the children ran screaming from the spider and no one wanted to look at it.


On our little adventure bug hunting I discovered neither my girls or I are bug people, we didn't find any bugs because in all honestly I don't think I wanted to find any bugs! The girls did find the blackberries, leaves and patterns on the trees very interesting tho, and were amazed you could actually pick stuff off the trees and eat it, as soon as we can we'll be heading out on a new adventure to see some other fruits and vegetables growing.

This post is an entry for BritMums ‘Little Adventures Challenge’ in partnership with Barny, the bear-shaped snack providing a little discovery in every bite. Find out more about Barny here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...