Sunday, 27 October 2013

The small things in life

This week I've spent a lot of time talking to midwifes.

I've been talking through Baby Girls birth and what happened during the labour this week. It was a very scary birth for lots of reasons, I've briefly sketched out before but don't really want to go into in detail, and I'm very grateful to the midwife at Worcester hospital who took the time to talk through the pregnancy and labour notes with me. Its been a huge relief to finally have some answers to some why questions and reassurance things shouldn't go that way in this pregnancy. Although there are never any guarantees, its good to know the steps that will and are being taken to avoid the same situation.

I've also spent some time on the phone to the midwifes at my local EPAU and I am always grateful
for the amazing work they do, the patience and understanding they have and the time they take to reassure me, and I'm sure many other women, when the crazy part of my head takes over. Its very reassuring to know there is someone at the end of the phone I can talk to and they are always willing to fit me in for a scan just to make sure every thing is going well.

This week I am very thankful for midwives.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...