Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Hard decisions

You may remember a few months ago I nervously started on the road to a degree with the Open University. I've really enjoyed getting back into studying, attending tutorials and being something other than a mum. There have been times since I started that I've found it really difficult very challenging and I've wanted to back out, but there have also been times that I've really loved the subject material.

This week I've had to make a really difficult decision, this week I've decided to defer. It's not a decision that has been made easily and it's not something that has been done lightly, I'm actually really gutted. Lately I've been struggling to find time to study, I've been so tired and sick with the pregnancy and studying is the last thing I want to do when the girls have gone to bed. 

This pregnancy is like the straw that broke the camels back. I wasn't expecting to be pregnant while doing this course and if I'm honest I would never have enrolled if I knew I would be pregnant. I'm hoping to return to the course next October but for now it's time to say goodbye to the OU and focus on my girls and growing a baby. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...