Friday, 29 November 2013

Lemon curd recipe


I'm a big Lemon Curd fan and for the past few weeks have been craving it on toast. I was told that making your own is really quick, simple and easy so I thought I'd try it. I was shocked at how easy and tasty it was so here's my step by step guide to making your own.

Ingredients

the juice and zest of 4 unwaxed medium lemons
200g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter
3 eggs lightly beaten
1 additional egg yolk



Method

Place a large bowl over pan of simmering water, ensure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
Next place the juice, zest, sugar and butter in the bowl and stir until the butter and sugar have melted.
Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the zest (if you like bits you could skip this step). 
Add in the eggs and whisk until combined.
Leave to cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally, the mixture should be thick enough to cover the back of a spoon.
At this point (because I hadn't been quite quick enough with the whisking) I re-strained the mixture to get rid of the egg that had cooked before it had mixed, however if you're quicker than me you wont need to do this.
once mixture is cool pour in to a sterilised jar and seal.
Store in the fridge and consume within 3 weeks. 

Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram
| Pinterest | Twitter

Post Comment Love

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...