Monday, 11 November 2013

The small things in life 10/11/13

Remembrance Sunday marks a very sad day in our family, its the day my Granddad passed away.

My granddad was quite a character, he was 91 and insisted on living life to the full. He would get upset when his children would 'borrow' his power tools and not give them back. He just wouldn't accept that he was too old to use them. I loved my granddad very much and as much as I knew his life would end at some point, I always thought he might just out live Methuselah!

Yesterday we had a lovely day visiting his grave and seeing the head stone and angel Moroni for the first time, and then visiting with family in the afternoon. My granddad loved nothing more than spending time with his family, so this week I am grateful for my very large family and for everything my Granddad taught me about Eternal families. I know that one day I will see him again, and that brings me great comfort and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...