Friday, 6 December 2013

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree


It may come as no surprise to you to hear that I LOVE Christmas! It really is one of the best times of the year. 6 years ago when The Husband and I spent our first Christmas together we had a very cheap, very basic tree with very few lights, some red baubles I'd managed to find in a sale and some miss-matched decorations The Husband seemed quite attached to (I found out this year that actually he isn't, 5 years on my tree and he 'isn't really fussed' about them. They're now gone!) 2 years ago we bought a new beautiful tree with built in lights and fur cones. We meant to buy new decorations for the tree last year but amongst our are we staying or are we moving saga, I was too stressed to even think about it!

So this year we get beautiful new decorations to put on our beautiful new(ish) tree. We decided to go to Cadbury Garden centre as we knew they would have nice decorations, and they didn't disappoint, but as we walked round the shop constantly repeating 'Big Girl, don't touch' 'Baby Girl, put that back!' we realised that spending lots of money on new tree decorations wasn't the greatest idea, especially with the arrival of Pop next year.

We headed off to somewhere more reasonably priced, Sainsbury's, and were surprised at how cheap they all were with an extra 1/3 off!

I bought some gorgeous new Merry Christmas sequin filled baubles, some gold glitter baubles as well as candy canes, stars and white fur cones.


We still have some old favourites like the red glitter baubles and the angels, but unfortunately big girls 1st Christmas decoration got broke in the house move (in the chaos of last year, we forgot to get baby girl one!) We'll be getting 3 new special ones this year, one each for the girls and one ready for Pop's name to be put on next year!



I'm very surprised at how good the girls are being with the tree though, I'm only telling them not to touch a few times a week rather than the constant nagging I remember last year to be, but then I did have a 2 year old and a 10 month old.

What have you got on your tree this year? Do you buy 1 special decoration a year or do you like the tree to always be vaguely matching like I do? I'd love to hear about it.

Post Comment Love

Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...