Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Our Crazy Mixed-up Family

Some people think my family is difficult to understand, I think its quite simple really, but then I've grown up with them! Let me see if I can simplify it for you.

My parents have been married for 30 years, in their early 20's they had 4 children. My sister who is 27 and now has 2 children of her own, myself 26 with 2 children, and my 2 brothers who are now 21 and 23. 

16 years later my mum and dad decided to have another in the form of Little bro who is now 6 and finally Little sis turned up and shes now 3. It's very simple... Until maybe you get into the ages of the children and realise my eldest niece is older than little sis and little sis is just 5 months older than Big Girl, OK maybe not so simple! 

Big girl has been getting very confused recently with all the mummies, daddies, aunties, uncles and grandparents flying around and who can blame her when her Nanna is also Mummy to her Aunt who is only 5 months older than she is!

It was so lovely to be in the car chatting to her this week when out of nowhere she said, 'Mummy? Pops is little sis' daddy isn't he!' 'That's right' I exclaimed, and she continued with 'Little Sis loves her daddy, he's also Little Bro's daddy right?' 'Yes he is' and before I could say anything else she came straight back with 'did you know pops is your Daddy too Mummy!' 'Yes that's right, he is my daddy too'. Before long she had her thoughtful face on and said, 'Mummy? He's not my Daddy though, my Daddy and my Baby Girls Daddy is at work, but I still love Pops.' 
Wot So Funee?
It's great to see her making sense of the world around her and understanding that all families are different and come in different shapes and sizes.

Linking up with Actually Mummy, hop on over and see what she's been up to this week

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...