Sunday, 5 January 2014

22 Weeks and a scare

If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen our big announcement this week, but if you missed it, here it is again!


We are so excited to be having a boy, and I cant wait to go shopping for lots of baby boy clothes (ok so babygro's and vests, this is child number 3, I'm not going to have time to dress him in real clothes till he's 4!)

This week saw us spend some time in Ashcombe Maternity Unit. Pop is usually really energetic during the evening and likes to move around lots, but over Christmas his movements seemed to be few and far between. I got worried and started recording when he moved and realised each day I was feeling him less and less. Then last week, despite doing my best to make him move using the usual tricks like resting and trying to feel him and drinking an ice cold drink, I felt him just 3 times in 24 hours. I phoned the maternity unit and we were told to go straight in, I can't fault the midwifery team at all, they were amazing and were very reassuring throughout.

When we arrived at Ashcombe the midwife used a doppler to find his heartbeat, it took 15 minutes before a very, very faint heartbeat and I have to say that was the longest 15 minutes of my life. We all breathed a huge sigh of relief as we heard his little heart beating away but that wasn't the end of it, as the heartbeat was so faint more checks had to be carried out. Thankfully, every thing is fine, Pop has curled himself up into a little ball and is very very low in my uterus. Since then Pop has been back to his old tricks and moving, kicking and even hiccuping lots and we're back to normal patterns of mainly moving in the evenings too.

This week Pop's lungs are developing as are the creases on his hands! He's embracing what he can feel now rather than moving away from things. He's 28cm long and the size of a papaya. This is shaping up to be a very different pregnancy from either of the girls, my bump is still very small and I'm just about fitting in to some pre pregnancy dresses and tops. I'm also starting to really stress about the birth now, slowly its all coming back to me and I can't believe I'm crazy enough to go through this a 3rd time!


Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And I'm glad there wasn't anything to worry about. Looks like you have two proud big sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also 22 weeks (due 12th May) , and also expecting a boy - yaaaay to us!!

    If you're feeling fed up with your pregnancy at any point - feel free to check out my latest post (causing a bit of a giggle-fest amongst friends, but it's the truth!!)

    Defo going to be following your blog too... love jo xx
    carsonsmummy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to comment before but it's not shown so I assume it didn't work...


    I'm also 22 weeks and also expecting a boy, whooop!!

    Would love for you to come say hi over at carsonsmummy.blogspot.co.uk

    I'm now following your blog too - can't wait to reads more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything was fine and he's back to normal. I'm due around the same time as you I think - May 4th with my first baby - and it's a boy too! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...