Monday, 27 January 2014

24 weeks and a bump at last!

I definitely have a bump now, there is no denying it, I cant hide it any longer! I'm completely out of non-maternity clothes meaning my wardrobe is limited, but with only 16 weeks left to go, I'm starting not to mind so much. 16 weeks doesn't seem that long!

I've been struck down this past few weeks with tiredness, probably because I'm doing too much. My midwife keeps reminding me to listen to my body and stop when it says stop, but I've never been good at that! After weeks of not having much of an appetite, I am craving food at the moment, it doesn't really matter what it is, I just constantly need food! I know Pop is growing fast now and developing at an astonishing rate he is now the size of a cantaloupe and just saying that makes me fearful of the birth!

Since our hospital scare, 2 weeks ago, he's been kicking and doing lots of flipping and turning. Its actually been really reassuring, but I wish he would stop his all night partying long enough for me to get some decent sleep! All his moving, growing, developing and keeping me up at night is probably why I am so hungry and exhausted all the time!This week he is practising facial expressions and learning how to cry and breathe.

My ribs are also taking a battering, I'd forgotten all about the burning sensation I struggled with at the top of my ribs in the later stages of pregnancy with both girls. Unfortunately my body hasn't and the burning has returned this week. I honestly feel like my body is falling apart at the seams, the PGP has been getting worse and I'm struggling to do even simple things like kicking something across the floor or even just putting on clothes. I also remember having this falling apart at the seams feeling with the girls and know that its not long now, in just a couple of week I'll be in the 3rd trimester and on to the countdown!

I've been really excited this week as we've reached a milestone. Pop is officially classed as a baby. No matter what happens now he will have a birth certificate and be classed as my child. Its such a small thing and may seem silly to some, but a huge thing to us, Pop is real, and no one can ever tell me otherwise.

Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram
| Pinterest | Twitter

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...