Tuesday, 18 February 2014

28 Weeks pregnant and some good news!

I'm not even sure what to say this week. I'm sat here feeling exhausted, with heartburn, backache, my pelvis hurts like hell and to top it off when I sneeze my stomach feels like its about to rip into two. I don't enjoy pregnancy and this week every thing has just caught up with me all at the same time. Its hell and I am so ready for it to be over now!

I did receive a couple of pieces of good news this week at my 28 week midwife appointment, the first was I don't have Gestational Diabetes, which is great as it means I don't have to give up the chocolate that is getting me through! The second piece of news is a little more uncertain as I need to have it confirmed and approved by a consultant first, but all being well, I only have 9ish weeks of pregnancy left!! The midwife is recommending me for a managed labour and early induction and I can't tell you how much of a relief that news has been. If I'm given the managed labour, there will definitely be experts and many midwives on hand to keep a closer eye on Pop and me. I'll be induced at a time when there are more people around to ensure things don't play out the same way as last time, its a massive weight off my shoulders and makes me feel 100% more relaxed about giving birth again

So with just (a possible) 9 weeks to go till we bring Pop into this world we started writing a list of things we need to get for Pop, and to my surprise, we actually have more stuff than I thought we had, thanks to my hoarder husband and a loft I daren't go in! Not all of it has survived being stored away, and mould has grown on a few bits and pieces, but surprisingly we need a lot less than I thought. Again, this has been a huge relief and has made me feel a whole lot more prepared than I did last week!

Pop is putting on 15g a day and is somewhere between 28 and 30cm long. He's the size of an aubergine and his eyes are opening for the first time. He's also storing calcium in his bones ready for birth and its thought that by this week his brain will be processing concious thought.

MAD Blog Awards

Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram
| Pinterest | Twitter

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...