Thursday, 27 February 2014

Decisions, Decisions

A few months ago I decided to re-launch Leoni's Cakes. I was doing quite well and had a few orders in the diary. I then started uni and although juggling the blog, uni work, the business and being mummy was hard we managed.

The suddenly almost out of nowhere came that positive pregnancy test! Soon after I was struck down with morning sickness, I started turning down orders as I just didn't feel up to it. I fell behind with uni work and struggled to catch up.

I ended up making the difficult decision to differ uni and also started winding down the business in anticipation of a problematic pregnancy and maternity leave. I focused more on the blog and looking after the girls whilst taking care of myself.

As Uni applications are opening again and I start thinking about life after pregnancy, I find myself torn. What do I do? Realistically with 3 young children to look after, doing uni work and running the business side by side isn't going to work, so which do I choose?

I started Leoni's Cakes because it made me feel useful at a time I was struggling. Its my business, my baby and is my way of contributing to the family finances. Starting uni fulfilled a lifetime goal of getting back into education, showing my children that education was important and they should always strive for more and not give up on their goals and dreams.

Its at times like these I don't like being an adult, I don't want to make this decisions, I just want to be told what to do!

MAD Blog AwardsPost Comment Love

Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...