Sunday, 2 February 2014

The Small Things ~ Portable DVD Players

I've always been quite sceptical of putting things like portable DVD players in the back of the car, the girls are still very young and I don't like them watching too much TV as it is. when it comes to films, I like to be able to sit with them and watch too just in case they don't quite understand what's going on or it gets too scary for them and that doesn't feel possible with a DVD player in the back of the car.

However I'm always open to having my mind changed and after an awful trip back from the in laws house just after Christmas, where a 2.5 hour trip turned into a 5+ hour journey on a very slow moving motorway, and knowing we had a similar journey coming up when we travel to Disneyland later in the month, I decided it was time to bite the bullet. A DVD player was needed to keep the girls occupied on long journeys.

I am completely amazed at the difference it made last weekend as we made the journey to my in laws, there was no crying, no fighting, no shouts of 'I'm boring!' or 'it it there now?' They were little angels in the back of the car watching Tinkerbell...twice through. They told me what was happening, the same as they do when I'm sat next to them, and didnt even realise we had been in the car for over 3 hours (bad weather!) I am a complete convert to the idea of portable DVD players for children on long journey's!

Today I am grateful for portable DVD players!

Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...