Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Practice and Priorities

Many months ago I was talking to a friend of mine, I was admiring her photography skills and said that I wished I was as good at photography as she was. What she said next has stayed with me and is something I always remind myself when I think my cake creations aren't good enough.

She said it was all about priorities and talents. She told me that she wished she could make cakes as good as mine, but she had prioritised her photography talents over cake making. She told me that it was all about practice and to keep going even when you feel its going wrong.

Its advice I've since tried to implement in all aspects of my life, parenting in particular. Bringing up 2 toddlers is not something I have ever done before, as each child grows and learns so do I. I'm learning how to deal with potty training and tantrums, I am learning how to encourage my children to play together and not fight. I don't always get it right, some days I shout and scream and cry and wish the days away, other days we play and laugh and things seem perfect. I wish I could be a serene earth mother who finds bringing up 2 toddlers easy, I wish I was a person who parenting came naturally to, but I don't and I'm not. Some days I get it right and some days I get it wrong, but every day I am practising and striving to do my best for my children.

Parenting is hard work, but each day I am learning new skills and techniques.

MAD Blog AwardsMother.Wife.Me

Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...