Sunday, 8 June 2014

Life As We Know It

In the past 5 weeks life has changed beyond all recognition. Its amazing how much you forget about the early days once they're over. I'd forgotten many times a baby wakes at night and how much sleep you can survive on when you really need to!

I can't believe he is 5 weeks old, its gone by in the blink of an eye, and at the same time I can't believe he is only 5 weeks old. It already feels like he has always been part of our little family, except we're not such a little family anymore! We are a family of 5, we no longer fit in a regular car (mainly due to the car seats we need and are awaiting the delivery of our New C4 Grand Picasso, until then we are going everywhere in 2 cars!).

The girls are  adjusting to their new brother, they are continuing to argue over him and love that he is spending more and more time awake and are able to interact with him a little more. Lollypop is doing really well, he is such a happy peaceful baby, completely opposite to the girls in every way. Last week we had his first smiles, I was utterly exhausted with 1 toddler tantruming and the other being deliberately defiant, just because she could. We were almost at the end of a really difficult day and I'd put the girls in the bath, mainly to keep them entertained but also because they hadn't had a bath in over a week. I'd just finished bathing Lollypop and was getting him dressed when he looked right at me and gave me the biggest smile I have ever seen. My heart completely melted and all of the days difficulties were forgotten.

We're settling down into a regular routine and over the past 5 weeks some big decisions have been made and I will be blogging about them very soon (check out my twitter profile for a sneak peak if you can't wait). I'm really hoping to get back into regular blogging in the very near future. I will be back!

Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...