Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Overheard ~ Conversations of a Toddler #2


Wot So Funee?

This week, while I was reorganising the study Big Girl ran in, 'Mum! Mum!' she screamed at me 'My pretend sister is dead! A pirate killed her!' 'Oh no!' I responded what are we going to do?' 'Its ok mum' she soothed 'I'm going to read a book' Sometimes I really wonder what goes on in her head!

As I carried on reorganising the study the girls were playing together in the next room, I really love listening to them play and interact with each other. They were playing 'shops' one with the toy till and the other with a basket of shopping. At the end of the transaction Big Girl said 'Thank you shopkeeper' and Baby Girl responded with 'It's ok Big Girl, it was your pleasure' She couldn't understand why I was laughing so much!

And finally from this week baby girl fell over, she hurt her knees and was very upset. I offered to kiss them better for her and was devastated to hear 'kisses don't make it better Mummy'. Chocking back tears as I realised my baby was growing up too quickly I explained that they may help, only to be told, 'no mummy, they really don't'. My ever practical girl :(

Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...