Saturday, 16 August 2014

Biscuit Week - The Great Blogger Bake Off

I wanted to do the 'show stopper challenge' this week, I had great plans for a colourful 3D ginger and short bread structure, it was a work of art! However after waking up on the bathroom floor with big girl on the phone to my parents earlier in the week (sometimes I am grateful children can use technology better than adults!) and being very ill, I decided to keep it simpler than simple.

This recipe is a family favourite, on Christmas Eve we gather at my parents house and bake these before the turkey goes in. The kids all take sneaky bites while they think the adults don't notice, but it's Christmas so no one minds! It's a recipe that has so many memories and emotions, it was the first recipe my mum gave me and the first recipe I baked after leaving home as I was feeling home sick!

Its such a special recipe for me, I'm actually quite nervous to share it with you, but without further ado, here it is in 3 simple steps


Ingredients

1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
2 egg yolks
vanilla extract
3/4 cup coconut
chocolate chunks
4oz (approx) melted butter

Method

  1. Put all ingredients apart from the butter in a bowl mix together and add the butter until combined. Don't let the mixture be too wet and don't let it be too dry!
  2. Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees for 10 minutes, or less. Take them out just before they have finished cooking and allow them to finish cooking on the tray for 10 minutes. 
  3. Transfer to a wire rack and enjoy.


I hope you like them as much as I do! I've never been very good at bread without a machine (and actually even with not that great!) so lets see what next week brings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...