Wednesday, 29 October 2014

4 Years Today

Today is a very special day, its a special day for my Big Girl, its her 4th birthday and she is just so excited!

But today is also a special day for me too, 4 years ago I gave birth to my Big Girl. 4 years ago today my waters broke, The Husband and I headed off  to Cheltenham hospital with a vague idea of what was about to happen, I was going to give birth...but after that, we hadn't really thought about. I remember pacing up and down the hospital trying to get labour started naturally, I chatted to my mum and The Husband calmly as we walked. I sat back in the delivery room as they hooked me up to a drip to get contractions going and smiled and laughed as they gave me an epidural. I had no idea what was about to happen! 6 hours later I was cuddling my Big Girl for the first time. 


Today marks Big Girls birthday, but it also marks the day I became a mother. It marks the day I stared at my precious daughter for the first time and thought 'what have I done! I can't do this!' a thought I've had many, many times since! Today marks the day that I discovered what 'love at first sight' really meant.

Big Girl and I have been on a journey together, as I have taught her how to walk, talk and run, she has taught me how to be a parent. Happy Birthday my precious Big Girl, happy birthday to both of us xx


Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...