Friday, 21 November 2014

Slow Cooker Freezer Meals ~A Review

This post has been sat in my drafts folder for months! I accidentally deleted it (twice) my slow cooker broke and just the general busyness of life has got in the way. I'm really excited to be finally sharing with you a great recipe book that I have come to love and really wouldn't be without!

I love my slow cooker, with The Husband getting home around 8pm and the girls needing to eat dinner at 5pm, and having 3 young demanding children meaning I don't have much time to spend cooking dinner in the evening, so my slow cooker has become invaluable. The only problem I have is preparing the veg to go into the cooker in the morning. I was finding by the time I'd have 10 minutes to gather ingredients for a stew or chilli it was lunch time and most of my recipes are 7-8 hours cooking. Reluctantly I started using it less and less and finding other options, but I missed the smell of dinner cooking throughout the day and not having to worry about dinner when the children were claiming to be starving, because it was already cooked!

I turned to the internet (Pinterest to be precise) to seek help and was reminded of a book a friend had written around 6 months earlier, at the time I'd wanted to buy it but life gets in the way and somehow I'd forgotten all about it! I purchased the book for just £1.95 and downloaded it there and then, it was a very easy process and once it was down loaded I printed it out, its only 27 pages so didn't take that long or cost too much in paper and ink.

The book is filled with 10 prep ahead and freeze slow cooker meals, there are tips on how to set out your working space and a shopping list so you can buy everything you need. The recipes are very easy to follow, simply made out and very delicious. The recipes are compiled with children in mind so some of the recipes are very mild, but you can easily add a table spoon of Worcestershire sauce or tsp of chilli powder here and there.

Chicken Noodle Soup
I found preparing the meals in the zip lock bags to freeze to be quite addictive, once I'd started I flew through 10 recipes in no time and its really easy to come back to at another time if you get distracted by children. This book really has changed the way we cook and prepare meals in this house, and now I honestly couldn't be without it. The book is only around for the next couple of months and is being taken off sale in January, so if you would like to buy your copy, you need to get in there quick!

Slow Cooker Freezer Meals is an eBook by Claire Duguid who writes Grubby Little Faces, you can purchase your copy here

I'd love to know what your favourite slow cooker meals are, please leave a comment, I'd love to try more.

Disclaimer: I bought Slow Cooker Easy Meals myself and decided to write about because I really love it. No money has changed hands, and all thoughts and opinions are my own. 


Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...