Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Mincemeat Brownies

Now that Christmas is over, The Husband is back to work and we are getting stuck back into school work, it’s time to take the decorations down and have a little clear out. I just love a January clear out, getting stuck in and throwing away all the 'stuff' that has accumulated that actually I don't want or need! I especially love going through all of my kitchen cupboards, getting rid of all the out of date or open packets and giving the cupboards a good clean before neatly stacking everything back in again.

In clearing out my baking cupboard I came across a jar of mincemeat I bought before Christmas, I had plans to make mince pies with the girls, but we became so busy in December it just didn't happen! So what do you do with a jar of mincemeat in January? You make mincemeat brownies! A slight festive twist, but not too festive that it feels wrong eating them this side of Christmas, but festive enough to save the recipe and make them all year round!

You will need

100g Dark Chocolate
90g Butter
90g Sugar
1 Large Egg (separated)
30g Plain Flour
250g Mincemeat

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Melt the chocolate, butter and sugar over a low heat, once melted transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
Once cooled whisk the egg yolk into the chocolate mixture, then in a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the mixture then fold in the mincemeat.
Place the brownie mixture in a square pan and bake for 45 minutes.

They go perfectly with a dollop of mascarpone cream or a scoop of ice-cream, of course, if you are on a January health kick this is a recipe to avoid! 

Follow me on | Facebook | Instagram

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...